Guestlog

The Grist Mill: Guestlog
The Guestlog is closed to new posts. Please join our Yahoo Group at http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/perryopolis.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 207.255.122.40) on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:40 pm:

Im extreamly angry over my recent experience with the Herald Standard news paper! We ordered letters from Santa through them and did not receive them! Thousands of letters we not even mailed out! We were told that it didn't matter if they were recived late! It does matter. It will ruin my childrens christmas and a family tradition.
If you orded a letter too, prepare to be dissapointed. I hope that everyone that reads this will resond to the paper like I did. I made it clear to them how upset I was through their web site. M balentine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 76.188.78.136) on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 08:50 pm:

I received word recently about a reunion of the Frazier High School class of 1978. Looking forward to see all my old friends.

Tony "Stats" McCune

If you have a chance, c'mon by and visit me at...
http://thelivesandtimes.blogspot.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 67.165.203.204) on Friday, November 9, 2007 - 02:27 am:

Hello.

I was Googling for other reasons and I came upon this discussion group. I saw my grandfather, Mario Colelli, mentioned along with his shoe store. My brother and I would go to his shop and pound shoe nails into the wooden counter, with no complaints from Nonno. We bought candy at Perilla's drug store, and I saw my first movie for 75 cents at the Karolcik theater. (It was Karolcik's, wasn't it? I remember the grocery store, too.)

We loved the pizza at the Son's of Italy.

Anyway, cheers to all of you in Perryopolis!

Regards,
Chris Colelli
Longmont, CO
ccolelli@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 172.165.38.164) on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 12:40 pm:

I'm interested in contacting anyone who can help me with Sisley family genaeology. My grandmother, Margaret Lavinia Sisley, grew up in the Perryopolis area back in the late 1800's, and was the daughter of James Sisley, and granddaughter of Ellis William sisley who was married to Margaret (nee. Sisley) Sisley.
Nancy
chicorya2@wordsempower.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 70.211.9.5) on Sunday, September 2, 2007 - 06:41 pm:

This is for Sistie,

Please e-mail me at enosr@bellsouth.net. I spoke to Emma Jane Cottom at the Dunbar Reunion and she said you wanted some information.

Thanks,

Ron Enos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 71.238.223.174) on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 04:43 pm:

Hi

My name is Barbara Bayley Ziegler. I am working on my family genealogy and would appreciate any help.

My mother ,Isabelle Bayley, was the teacher at the one room school house, Little Redstone School, from about 1924 until it closed in the 1940s.
My father, James(Jim)Bayley was one the original members of the Beagle Club located near there.

My great great grandfather, Mathew Miller, is buried next to the Little Redstone United Methodist Church. He died in the early 1890s.

I would love to hear from anyone who can help me. My email is jobrbrv@yahoo.com and my address is - 4971 Lancaster Hills Drive, Apt 197, Clarkston, M.I. 48346.

Great site. Keep up the good work!
Sincerely
Barbara Bayley Ziegler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 207.200.116.71) on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 05:19 am:

My Dad, Edward Filchock, recently passed and I came to Perryopolis for his funeral. Thank you to all who came to see him. It was nice, again, as always, to see Perryopolis. ...always feels like coming home. Also, Dad's resting place; where he wanted to be. To all those who knew my Dad, as you know, he was an example of goodness and strength to all in the kindness he showed to everyone and his faith in God. His legacy will be remembered by many.
Tina (Filchock) K. Worrell
DWBH1113@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 71.179.24.98) on Saturday, April 7, 2007 - 02:17 pm:

Hello, Rudy,

Webmaster David Illig replies: Well, there's at least me from the Class of '62. Check out the Classmates page and register! And see the Reunions page -- we're holding our 45th reunion in Perry on August 11, 2007.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 207.200.116.71) on Thursday, April 5, 2007 - 07:21 pm:

We lived in Perry in the 50's Then moved to Uniontown. Is there anyone from the clas of 62? My sister was in the coall of 63. I have live in California near san Francisco and have been here since 1971.It would be nice to keeo in touch.Rudy D'Angelo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.10.65.65) on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 11:58 pm:

I think I've found a relative on your site! I'm so excited. Sherry, (relative of the Civil War Browns of Perryopolis) I am related to you. I think I must be a generation older than you because John Brown was my great, great grandfather.

Barbara Brown Dickson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.52.188.230) on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 03:58 pm:

Just visited Perryopolis this past Tuesday.. Came back on a very sad note. A dear friend, Tom Elliot, was brutally murdered last friday, march 9th, 2007. Tom and I were classmates at Frazer (class of 1970). We were close friends until I moved away.. At first, like all good friends, we attempted to stay in touch but it was difficult.

Now that he's gone, I truly wish I had paid more attention to him and made it a point to make the trip back more often to see him. But that's hindsight at this point.

Take time to stay in touch with old friends,,, It's a lesson learned...

Rick Orelli
rorelli@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 209.124.53.125) on Tuesday, February 6, 2007 - 04:32 pm:

Dear Webb Master, I found your site while looking for info about the coalmines. You see my father worked in coal mines as a Mule driver and later as a Motorman, I also lived in a coal camp as a young man. I love the mountains. and visit often. ileft for the flat lands. For a better life.Im glad did. I think your right on target.
It wasn't easy making a living in a coal camp. I also think this country is headed down hill like a snowball headed for you know where. They have sold the working class out. Things are looking Grimm. great site. keep up the good work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 64.12.116.73) on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 07:39 pm:

Hello, my name is Stephanie Albright. My grandfather David Albright and his 7 sisters grew up in Perryopolis with their parents Dan and Verrona. If anyone has any information that they could share about my family I would greatly appreciate it. I can be contacted at Indgoridge@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 69.72.124.236) on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 02:02 pm:

OOP'S,
My message this morning about the King Family. I do know how to spell "Gerald".
I also forgot to give my e-mail address which is
"begood@paonline.com"
Betty McIntire Goodwin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 69.72.124.1) on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 10:16 am:

Hello Perryopolis,
With the death of our President GEARLD FORD, your area played a big part in his life. As we know he was born Leslie King, he was also the great greatgrandson of JOSIAH KING who had a warranty of land in Franklin Twp, Fayette Co Pa. from 1828 and lived in that area until his death in 1891. I am am also the greatgranddaughter of JOSIAH KING. I have researched and documented this family and would like to hear from my King relatives.
Betty McIntire Goodwin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 166.20.133.180) on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 12:34 pm:

Merry Christmas Perry!!!

Sandy Bowersox (Little)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Admin (Admin) ( - 68.49.236.170) on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 12:08 pm:

Thanks very much for your kind comments. The originator, owner, and webmaster of Perryopolis.com is David Illig, Frazier '62, originally from Star Junction, now living near Annapolis, Maryland. The site has benefited from contributions from many kind people; look at the various photos, for example, and you will see that many residents and former residents have contributed them. Ruth Shields contributes the news. Kevin Toman contributes many excellent photos. Web hosting is paid for by our advertisers, and I hope that people who enjoy the site will patronize these local businesses and encourage other businesses to support the site. And by no means of least importance to the success of the site are kind visitors like you, whoever you are!

Thanks and happy and safe holidays!

David Illig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.3.231.206) on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 07:46 pm:

This is a wonderful site - I cannot believe the completeness, the outstanding organization of this site! Perryopolis is very lucky to have something like this and have good people to maintain it. Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 4.247.155.7) on Friday, December 8, 2006 - 06:02 pm:

Hi Siste and Glenna. Just wanted for you to know that I had a complete hip replacement don Dec 4th, I am in Rehab for about 2 weeks.Will talk to you later.

Harold (Frankie) Knight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.3.235.239) on Wednesday, November 1, 2006 - 07:47 pm:

HELLO,
MY NAME IS SAM BLACK, I AM FROM PERRY.
A FRIEND OF MINE SHOWED ME THE SITE. AND NOW
I CAN GO BACK TO MY YOUTH. AS TO LIVING THERE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 216.31.73.108) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 08:26 pm:

Carl,
Go to March around the Diamond.
Pat Rolison

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.3.235.239) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 06:52 pm:

My email address has changed. You can email me at pln0191972@yahoo.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 68.49.236.170) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 09:44 pm:

Hello, Carl,

Coming very soon!

David Illig
Webmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.3.235.239) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 06:46 pm:

Hello,
I'm Carl Falbo. I haven't been on here in a long time. Did anyone post photos of the Falbo Reunion? If so, i missed them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.155.165.54) on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 10:18 am:

I found your site looking for something about coal mining accidents to use in a safety meeting at my job. I work in a open pit coal mine in north east texas. Your site made a very interesting and historical look at how coal mining has evolved through the decades.
Thank You,
Denny Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 65.102.161.209) on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 12:07 am:

hi again,

just noticed my original message is here. Hard to notice with all the bots trying to post here.
I wanted to add one thing as well.
Hi to Greg Potter and family, as well as Lee, Joe booher and families..and everybody else there that knows me

and as I look up to the heavens above,

I will always miss my good friend Tom Stewart!!
He was taken from us way too early!!!!!

God bless everyone!

Rich Arison

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 65.102.161.209) on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 11:54 pm:

hi again perry, it appears my first message disappeared from this site. I would love to know why! i thought i did everything correctly. anyway my name is Rich Arison, grew up there in Perry. I now live in Wa state and I miss perry so much! I just wanted to check in with everyone and say hi..
god bless all of you!
and please say hi to my dad, Roger
by the way I love this website!

Rich Arison
email: venum@ix.netcom.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 152.163.100.199) on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 03:42 pm:

hi-my name is wendi (kozinsky). i would come to smock to visit my grandparents...the wetulas back in the late 60's and up to mid 70's. each summer was spent at spillway lake. i just returned for a visit down "memnory lane" last weekend and was sad to not even get a glimpse of my memorable spillway. the road...the snack bar....the lake and dock....gone. i did see the rosinski mailbox. (i did know judy and charlie from way back when) buddy chubboys house was nowhere to be seen. i knew the disadores and the bozeks. i would LOVE a pictue from the good ole days. i can close my eyes and still see it. i can still hear the jukebox...i can still taste the burgers as i sit at the wooden tables inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 132.24.126.26) on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 12:48 pm:

Hello Perry My name is Rick Strasser and I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get listing of my graduating class for 1979 or even other years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 71.32.91.34) on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 08:20 pm:

Great site! I grew up in Perry and then the Navy took me away at age 17. I still miss home and family very much! I haven't been back in 12 years. I now live in Bremerton, Wa. and am out of the Navy after serving 14 years. Finally enjoying civilian life!! Just wanted to say hi to my family there and to anyone else that remembers.

Take Care
Rich Arison

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.106.229.239) on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - 08:46 pm:

Hi,
I was looking for a Ziot or Ziott family farm. Would anybody know or heard of such a place. It may be in Perry Township, or perhaps Washington Township.

Thanks and God Bless
Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 24.106.229.239) on Saturday, August 5, 2006 - 01:04 am:

Hi,
Came across this site doing some genealogy research. My family is from that area.

God Bless
Alex Kerezy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 66.251.108.50) on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 12:59 pm:

Greetings, My friend Harry and I briefly visited your town on a bike trip from Perryopolis to Confluence and back. We met Eldo and some other guys at the pavilion setting up for a party. They graciously allowed up to park the truck by the tractor shed for the day.
You have a nice town and great friendly people there and we appreciated you allowing us to park there. We felt much better leaving the truck at the park rather than at the lot by the trail.
The pavilion is very nice as well. We're going to have to plan another stop there when we ride the bike trail from the Burgh to DC next fall
Thanks to all and especially to Eldo. Hope the celebration was a success. Happy 25th and here's to many more!!!

Craig & Harry (bike guys and table movers July 21,'06)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 64.12.116.73) on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 09:05 pm:

Love checking out the website and keeping up with the community news. I'm a regular browser and want to say hello to my old classmate Bob Peffer -Must be exciting traveling the world. God bless and take care of yourself.

Lisa Strickler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 67.5.181.67) on Tuesday, July 4, 2006 - 10:31 pm:

Hi everyone! I am Frank Rosinski, formerly of Curfew/Spillway Lake/Flatwoods area. Living in (near) Seattle, WA now. Great web site! Brings back fond memories. I too am interested in genealogy. Looking for info on family names: Rosinski, Dowden, Hider, Poplarchik. Thanks! Hope to visit soon...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 68.49.236.170) on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 11:14 pm:

Totti, if you see this -- posting is easy. Go to the bottom of this page and type your message in the large space.

Then type "perry" (not "Totti") in both the Username and the Password spaces and click the "Preview/Post" Message button. You must include your real name in your message.

Webmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 166.20.133.62) on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 11:39 am:

The band trip to Maryland was to Ocean City. It was one of my first big trips with the band! What a long boardwalk!!

Sandy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 68.100.17.204) on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 02:59 pm:

Hey Perry.

It's good to see some of us are staying in tough. I went to Frazier and was a member of the marching band. Does anyone remember where exactly the marching band went for the band trip in 1983? I know it was somewhere in Maryland...does anyone remember any details?

-Bob Neubauer (newbie_bob@hotmail.com)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 65.202.186.130) on Wednesday, May 3, 2006 - 04:02 pm:

It's not a "person" that's doing the spamming -- in a sense. By
that I mean that it doesn't come from a person sitting at a
computer, finding The Grist Mill Bulletin Board, and then typing
his spam. The spammer simply has a "bot" (short for robot.)
That's a piece of software that crawls around the Internet
looking for bulletin boards and automatically posting
spam. Any human can read the message that announces the
login name and password, but the 'bot cannot. A spam 'bot can
post millions and millions of messages a day in that way. Thus
far I have been able to block the text of the spammer's message,
but not the attempt. I may have to look into newer bulletin
board software that is aware of this type of attack. I don't look
forward to that, because setting up a BBS is not a trivial task.

Meanwhile, you may also see some weird looking posts from me
as I test different things. I'll delete them ASAP, but I can't
guarantee that no one will see them.

Thank you!

David -- Webmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 68.48.213.117) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 11:51 pm:

At least I've stopped their automatic software from getting their
message through. I've been on the road a lot, leaving again early
Wednesday for a few days in New York, but I'll continue to think
about what can be done.

David -- Webmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perry (Perry) ( - 152.163.100.199) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 02:18 pm:

I find it very upsetting that somebody thinks it "cute" to spam a friendly hometown website like this. I hope you were able to get rid of the bugs, David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Webmaster (Webmaster) ( - 68.48.213.117) on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 12:08 am:

I'm temporarily changing access to this forum while I test spam prevention methods. If you want to post, please sign in with a username and a password. The username and password are the same word -- "perry."

Thanks for your patience.

David -- Webmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By prolison ( - 216.31.72.94) on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 07:31 pm:

I was trying to E-mail Malinda (Shoaf) Wagner at the address on the classmates page & it keeps coming back. Anyone in touch with her? Please give her my e-mail pat_rolison@Yahoo.com and ask her to get in touch, please. Thanks, pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By prolison ( - 216.31.72.49) on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 05:53 pm:

Ed,
My Grandfather Harry Falbo was painting that bridge when the scaffold chain broke. He was killed. This was in 1937. The newspaper account said: "The Bridge was acquired by Fayette County from the Washington Run Railroad at the time it passed out of existance. Since that time it had been used for automobile and pedestrian traffic."
If someone does not point you to the exact time, I would think you could find some answers at the court house.
pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ed ( - 24.3.53.110) on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 10:48 pm:

Anyone know when the bridge across the Yough, at Layton, that connects with the tunnel, was changed from a railroad bridge to auto traffic. After being down there a few times taking pictures, I came to the conclusion that the remains of a spur off of what I think is the Conrail railroad, lines up perfictly with the road to the bridge. Also the fact that the bridge is single lane seems to be another clue. Just curious. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Chuck E. Dahl ( - 64.12.116.73) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 03:59 pm:

I too remember the Dik Greene Trio, or Satin Sounds that they also went by. The accordian player was also my favorite too. I saw them at numerous weddings and functions throughout the area. VH1 should do a "Where are they now?" or a "Behind the music", honoring local talent. They had a catchy tune tune called "Shut'da door" which always brought a smile...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dan Muszynski ( - 64.12.116.73) on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 11:58 pm:

We have been to Perryopolis twice trying to find the grave site and anything we could regarding Samuel Shreve-one of the co-founders of Perryopolis. At Uniontown, we found his will and several Perryoplis land transactions. But we failed to find his grave. His daughter,Sophia, married William Bice and came to Monroe County,(1829), Michigan and died there. William was a soldier from Fayette county, PA. during the War of 1812 and spent some time at Fort Meigs,Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tina Keller Worrell ( - 207.200.116.195) on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 12:53 am:

by former Tina Filchock ..this site is so nice to visit from time-to-time,..and I can't believe it's been since 2/03 since I last told you so (..and with an old email address listed too). Yet, ..again, just visiting Perryopolis.com brings back alot of good memories. :) Thank You! ..to all who put together this wonderful site, I'm sure it brings smiles to many. :)
(TKW1113@aol.com)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By James Sutton ( - 216.41.224.253) on Monday, January 2, 2006 - 04:16 pm:

I found this site, by accident when searching for my relatives in this area. Would love to hear from anyone that is connected to Ruben Sutton and Jane Jackson Sutton whom was my 4th G-Grand parents. They lived at Flatwoods and their daughters, Minerva married John Blair, Lavina married Lebon Blaney, Sarah Jane married Jonathan Evans. I have a lot of inf. to share with anyone that is interested in our genealogy. Great site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By hans nunemaker ( - 214.13.149.10) on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 06:22 am:

I am pleased to note that all three of the people who were able to tolerate me in the early 80's indeed emailed me. The rest of you are now officially off the hook. So long, and thanks for the fish...

hans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bob Peffer ( - 132.50.10.46) on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 10:42 pm:

I was reading through the posts and realized that it has been a year since I added anything. Been to the middle east, europe and japan in the last year. Still love visiting home though! Happy Holidays!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By jenalynn8199 ( - 141.154.151.167) on Friday, December 9, 2005 - 02:28 pm:

I love the site. I was hoping to see more pictures from the senior center. My Grandmother, Ethel Allison goes there frequently. Much love to grandma, Aunt Norma Allison, and my cousins. Jennifer Mitchell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Perryopolis Grandchildren ( - 64.12.116.202) on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 07:46 pm:

We enjoyed Pioneer Days with our family this October. We have done this almost every year since 1989. This is our first time at this website and we really enjoyed reading it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By TakinABreak ( - 207.255.127.98) on Friday, November 25, 2005 - 02:11 am:

(Post removed -- no name or e-mail address.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Webmaster ( - 71.2.35.212) on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 05:20 pm:

Hello, Donna,

Thanks for visiting and for taking time to put your kind remarks in this Guestbook.

Please revisit the Classmates page and follow the instructions given near the top of the page, immediately under the two title boxes.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Donna {Albright}Short ( - 207.69.137.22) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 10:10 pm:

Hi! Nice site.I tried to get on to register but could'nt? I went to Central in the 50's and went to brownsville in early 60's.I Lived with my grandparents in Redlion after my father passed away,so I was torned between here and schools in PITTSBURGH.How do you register? I also have a step brother Paul Galley who lived in that area all his life. Thanks.Donna donnalee129@earthlink.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Webmaster ( - 68.48.213.117) on Wednesday, November 9, 2005 - 12:44 pm:

Switchboard.com has three Hamillas listed for Perryopolis, PA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By JJRynk ( - 63.162.143.5) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 01:41 pm:

I am trying to findout information on the "Rynkiewicz" or "Rynkewitz" brothers who emigrated into the U.S. around the turn of the 19th century. Here is the list:

Josef/Jussas/Joseph Rynkewitz in 1905 was residing at 472 New Market St., Wilkes-Barre, PA

Antoni Rynkewitz (Rynkiewicz) 15 Dec 1902 headed for freeland, PA. traveled with an Antoni Chemielewski and a Joseph Bielski.

Jan Rynkewitz (Rynkiewicz) emigrated on 16 Jul 1905 and was headed to 472 New Market St., Wilkes-Barre, PA to be with his brother Joseph Rynkewitz.

Vincenty Rynkewitz (Rynkiewicz) emigrated on 2 Oct 1905 and was also headed to 472 new Market St., Wilkes-Barre, PA to be with his brother Joseph Rynkewitz.

At this point I am looking for information on Joseph and Vicenty as to who they were married to and what were their childrens names? The home is still standing at 472 New Market St., in Wilkes-Barre, PA as I was there on Oct 31, 2005 and took pictures of the home for my research book.

Regards,

John J. Rynkiewicz (The Grandson) JJRynk@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By JJRynk ( - 63.162.143.5) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 01:34 pm:

I was wondering if anyone has or knows of any school class pictures from anyone who may have been in walking distance of 19 Diamond St., Hanover Township from say 1920 - 1928. I am looking for any Rynkiewicz's or possibly mis-spelled as Renkiewicz.

God Bless,

John J. RYnkiewicz (The grandson) JJRynk@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By JJRynk ( - 63.162.143.5) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 01:22 pm:

Hi,

My name is John J. Rynkiewicz and I am the son of Joseph T. Rynkiewicz who was the son of John Rynkiewicz who married Mary Hajduk and resided at 239 East broad St., Nanticoke, PA. John was my grandfather and had a brother named Antoni Rynkiewicz/Renkiewicz who married frances Zarzecky on 22 Jun 1901. Antoni & frances had seven children, John, Anna, Sarah, Antonette, Blanche, irene, Adam. These were all of my fathers couins. I am trying to find the executor to Blance & Nick Tusack's estate whose name is Carol Hamilla. My email is JJRynk@hotmail.com anmd I can be reached at (716) 551-4741 Ext 3557 (WP) or my cell (716) 864-6429.

Looking forward to hearing from you
God Bless

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By randmb ( - 207.255.120.105) on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 01:43 pm:

I'm looking for info on the Perry borough trick or treat. What day and time? All I could find was for the Township. Any info will help thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dan ( - 207.200.116.195) on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:56 pm:

Looking for any info on the Boyle family.My Grandfathers name was Phillip James Boyle. He had several brothers and my fathers name is walter. He also had several brothers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Richard Ashmun ( - 24.154.78.10) on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 12:44 pm:

Looking for proofs that ABRAHAM LAYTON is the father of THOMAS LAYTON, b. 15 June 1800.

Also looking for ABRAHAM's parents. The 1850 census says that he was from NEW JERSEY.

Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to help another gentleman join SAR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Frankie ( - 4.247.206.21) on Thursday, October 6, 2005 - 03:58 pm:

Hi Kevin My name is Harold Knight and I lived out the on main road from the blue hole and this summer when I went back home I took a ride out there and it is all growed up around it I could hardly find it.It was an old stone quarry and spring fed but no fish.Years ago some body dumped oil all over it. About the other there were some old homes down the tracks ,but they have been gone for a long long time. Harold(Frankie)Knight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Kevin H. ( - 63.95.36.9) on Wednesday, October 5, 2005 - 05:55 pm:

Can anyone tell me information on "Blue Hole", how to get there, how deep, can you fish, is it man man, etc? My father took me there once when I was very young,and I'd like to go back and check it out.

Also, has anyone ever heard of there being an old village near Layton, after you go thru the tunnel from Perryopolis and over the bridge. I heard that at the end of the bridge on the left side down by the river, there used to be old log cabins and people would always find artifacts and so forth.

Thanks!

Kevin H.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Emerline ( - 160.93.0.65) on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 10:33 am:

Hi! Nice site. Like others here, I came seeking genealogy information on relatives. I'm looking for info on Joseph and Anna Adam who were Perry residents sometime around the early 1900's. They and their children later relocated to Michigan, where their roots continue (Rumancik, Batchik). Any info on these family names would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By hans nunemaker ( - 140.154.248.8) on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 10:14 am:

Frazier High (Class Clown), Class of '84. Three of you out there tolerated me back in the day, and the rest pretty much hated me. If you are one of the three, email me at hans.nunemaker@us.army.mil. Am heading to Iraq in about a week, and could use the company!

hans nunemaker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rick Orelli ( - 67.21.188.157) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 03:18 pm:

Well, it's been a few days since I was back in Perryopolis for my 35 Class reunion and I have had time to reflect back on some things I noticed. First let me say that Perryopolis is just as beautiful as it was the day I moved away in 1973.

In fact, it even looks nicer to me now. I stopped at the drug store to get some TUMS....(I had a great lunch at Randles,,but it got to me a little Ha ha!) Noticed that they took out the soda fountain,,,boy I was really looking forward to a cherry coke...the ones out of the bottle just don't get it done for me.

My parents home is now owned by Mike Matras and family...Mike says he did alot of work on it...Someday, I'm stopping by Mike,,,show me around please.

I got a chance to drive around town and I noticed that everyone (for the most part) still takes very good care of thier homes and lawns...Typical small town I guess, except that for some reason, everything looked just so wonderful to me cause it was my home town.

Had a great time at the Reunion...Thanks Tina, Mike, Doris and the rest of you. Saw some real good friends and really missed those that couldn't make it. (I should name everyone,,but let's not get silly here :) )

I gotta tell you all, if you get a chance to go back and visit,,,do so, you won't be sorry...What a great place to be from and from the looks of it,,,,still a great place to live..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By tarahug ( - 205.188.117.10) on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 10:35 pm:

Hi there,I am looking for any information on the Schiffbauer family that used to live in Star Junction. I know my great Grandfather was a coal moner there, and he and his wife had 4 children.
If anyone has any information please email so I can let my mother know if there is anyone still around there that is family.
Thank you...Tara

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sarajane ( - 64.12.116.202) on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 06:42 pm:

I have enjoyed the afternoon of my day off having a virtual tour of Perryopolis. The web site is well designed and very thorough. I listed my information in the Classmates section so I hope to hear from some FHS graduates soon. I am going to try to put Pioneer Days on my schedule for this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Pam Wineinger ( - 64.12.116.202) on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 05:39 pm:

My father was born in Star Junction & later they moved to Perry....I am trying to locate his relatives...His name was Ralph S. Kern..Sadly he passed away in 91....Is there anyone out there that can help me out? My dad often talked of Perry...He graduated from perryopolus township high in 1934

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Nancy ( - 64.12.116.202) on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 10:28 pm:

Whatever happened to the Dik Greene Trio, or Dik Greene and the Satin Sounds? I loved seeing them back in the 80's. The gentleman that played the accordian was always my favorite. I remember him always starting the show off by shouting "What's going on in here?" and the audience would go crazy! Are they still playing, and if so, Where?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By michelle ( - 68.162.144.9) on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 10:36 pm:

Has anyone heard of new businesses coming to Perryopolis? If so what are they? I heard a possiblity of Walmart?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Johnson ( - 70.58.54.117) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 05:47 pm:

Great site...first found it several years ago and research on my family brought me back.
My Father, Arthur "Whitey" Johnson grew up in Star Junction right behind the ball diamond. He graduated Perry High in the mid fortys. My Aunt's Wilma and Edie recently moved from the Johnson family home to CA.
My Grandfather, John Johnson (Wife Hilda Johnson-Williamson)worked in the mines there for 31 years. I had always heard that my Grandfather (a Swede-Finn) was the first Johnson emigrant to this country. Now I have heard that my great-grandfather Peter Johnson was also in the area, and may have lived around Dunbar at the time of his death in ? Any info would help. jocodeputy@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By hjyoungii ( - 24.166.239.65) on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 10:40 pm:

A co-worker that is from Perryopolis toldo me of this site. I am a webmaster for our town's unofficial website.

You have alot to be proud of. This is a nice site. My site is galionohio.us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Venera Di Bella Barles ( - 206.124.135.3) on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 07:51 pm:

This is just so neat. I would love to visit Perryopolis someday - you all sound like sweet and caring people.
As a matter of fact, I just finished writing a novel about a fictional town in Eastern Pennsylvania having to do with mines. Hope you all take a look at it. It's called 'They Was Holdin' Hands' and you can see it at www.archebooks.com. Let me know what you think. My name is Venera Di Bella Barles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Glenda Keffer Baysinger ( - 64.12.116.202) on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 08:14 pm:

Born and raised in what I thought was the hick town of the world, Perryopolis, Penna.I always wanted to travel and see other places, so I did. Now I live in Atlanta ,Ga and wish I could tap my rubby slippers and return to Perryopolis cause there is really no place like home."Perryopolis, Penna."
I miss all my family and friends and hope to find my way back someday.
Love to all who read this.
Glenda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jaro ( - 213.160.171.84) on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 05:41 pm:

Hello,
I would like just send many greetings to uncle Laddie and Cyril Griglak. We have seen the web site of the city and many photos of pioneers’ day. It is really spectacular!!! We are glad to see that you are O.K.!!! We wish you all the best! Josef Soltes from Lubica& his family
PS> V tom kroji vam to pasuje. Srdecene pozdravujeme celu rodinu.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bob Peffer ( - 132.50.10.46) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 12:26 pm:

I think it is awsome that there is a website for little ol' Perryopolis. It is really nice to see things at home from any where in the world. Missing home at the holidays... Robert(Bob)Peffer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ethorne1@earthlink.net ( - 207.69.138.201) on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 07:34 pm:

The Layton Cornet Band - I have this identical picture. Photo was taken in 1912 and my grandfather, Thomas Fred Thorne,is sitting behind the small drum with sticks in hand. My grandfather was born 2/7/1881 in Barren Run, Pa. and married Lucy Kate Fuller from Layton. Her birthdate was 7/18/1882 and they both died in 1971. I received this photo from my father, Thomas Fred Thorne Jr. who was born 5/25/1912 in Layton. No other names are listed on photo. Hope this helps. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By barb ( - 65.34.149.170) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 09:10 pm:

11/23/04 I enjoyed the photoes of pioneer days. I went to high school in perryopolis. Graduated in 1979. My mother Donna workes at the Perry floral shop. It has been 1 year since I was home. Everyone in Perry Hello to you all. Barbara Fleming DiNardo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By gary dunmeyer ( - 65.32.207.147) on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 08:08 am:

I enjoy looking at this site!! Even though I'm in Tampa and can't be there everyday to see those Perry gray-sky days. Keep up the good work!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Stephanie Timko ( - 68.225.46.73) on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 12:28 am:

I was flipping through the website seeing what my hometown is up to since I rarely get to visit. I saw how many postings there were for family trees. I guess I got lucky because I seem to be related to everyone up there.(Timko, Rabatin,Bryner,Morris,Saxon,yeah I can cover alot) It was kind of upsetting to see that the only person that I know I am related to that posted anything was my step dad. But it is nice to see Perry and Junction from some point of view since I can't be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Christine ( - 68.11.151.121) on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 06:56 am:

Havent been on this site in awhile. Been checkin it out again, "reliving my heritage/childhood." Enjoy the pictures of the many things going on around town. Good job webmaster. And residents of Perryopolis, keep sending the webmaster pictures, cause those who live far away enjoy looking at them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Barb Cogley ( - 205.188.116.202) on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 03:39 pm:

Hi, The class of 59 will be having our 50th celebration in five years, hard to believe. I have agreed to collect old photos and memories. If any of my classmates or friends have pictures that they are willing to share please contact me at cogleyfb@aol.com. Also, Ray Metendorf saw my address on this site and somehow I lost his, if anyone has it, would you please send it. Thanks for your help. Barbara Farkus Cogley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ONYEIGBO MAGA ( - 80.248.64.50) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 07:27 am:

I am happy to be here in this Guestbook. Keep your good work moving!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Betsy Kiehl Kleinbach ( - 216.215.128.108) on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 10:20 am:

Nice website!!! I lived in Perryopolis for a few years in the 70's as a teen. I live in North Carolina now, and I enjoy looking at the website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By imagespirit ( - 67.20.44.223) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 12:11 pm:

Bloody Harlen, Ludlow, Mattewan, and the Battle of Blair Mountain are all legends of labor history, yet the 1927-1928 Strike in the western Pennsylvania coalfields merits only a paragraph whenever a rare reference can be found.

The strike involved 150,000 miners and their families who where put out of their homes, denied civil rights, and subjected to extreme brutality at the hands of Coal and Iron Police. Early on two films were made about the strike, one a documentary, The Miner’s Strike with actual footage, the other based on a rewritten screenplay by the Honorable Judge Michael Mussmano from Pittsburgh and released as Black Fury in 1935. Both were heavily censored and ultimately banned. Thousands died, yet due to pressure by the industrialist controlled government, the strike was "swept under the rug!" The events were censored into oblivion until BUCKET OF BLOOD THE RAGMAN’S WAR.

BUCKET OF BLOOD, THE RAGMAN’S WAR by R. S. Sukle is a fast paced, meticulously researched, historic novel about the strike. The action focuses on the town of Russellton located in the coalfields north of Pittsburgh. Russellton became known as a “bucket of blood” during the strike because of the bloodshed that occurred in the fight for a workers’ union. Set against a background of newspaper articles, the narrative chronicles the depravation and indignities suffered by the families in the Russellton camps and nearby towns at the hands of Coal and Iron Police brought into the area by the governor to evict them from their homes and keep out relief workers and organizers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By cuzzoo72 ( - 205.188.116.210) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 01:49 am:

Hello,
My name is Carl Falbo. My dads side of the family is from Perryopolis, before you get to the tunnel. I lived in Perryopolis for 4 yrs before i moved to Belle Vernon. I'm orig. from Ohio. If anyone knows any Falbo's, let me know how you know them. Email me at fal7687@aol.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joe Downer ( - 64.12.116.210) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 12:58 am:

My name is Joe Downer, I just moved out of Perryopolis back in February. I know live about 3/4 miles out of Perryopolis in Fayette City right out side of Jefferson Estates. I am now in 11th grade, and I graduate in 2006. My uncle William Downer went to high school at Frazier, he lived in Newell and graduated in 1976. My father Joseph "Joe" Downer went to the school in Newell back in the 70's, he graduated in 1975.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By CJRanta ( - 205.188.116.210) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 06:38 pm:

I am trying to find information on my Grandfathers home town of Wickhaven.I hear that it was located near Perryopolis. His name was Stephen Savel. Father was Frank and Mother was Marie. He is soon to be 92 and I would love to find something from this mining town for him. Anyone have another site that I could try. Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By rhonand ( - 4.139.69.13) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 02:35 pm:

I can't believe I found this website. I graduated in 1993, I'm married with 2 kids. My oldest is Joelle, who I was pregnant with in school. She is 11 years old and going into middle school. It was nice seeing some of you at the class reunion last year (2003). I haven't changed a bit. Still a goof ball. Hope to see you all at the next reunion.

Rhonda Lombardo Yevcinez

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By MDKLou ( - 204.69.182.1) on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 01:06 pm:

I graduated in 1978 from Frazier and was wondering if we are ever going to have a Class Reunion. I still live in the Pittsburgh area and often travel to Perryopolis on Sunday Mornings for the "flea Market". If anyone has any information on who to contact for our class reunion please email me at MDKLou@aol.com or at
LQQKB4uleep@Yahoo.com
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rick Orelli ( - 68.71.157.132) on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 03:51 pm:

I was just browsing on the net and ran across this site. It's amazing to me to see some of the pictures from my home town. Funny, but the more things change, the more they stay the same. What a beautiful town.

It's a real credit to the community that they were able to keep the town so beautiful. I would love to see more pictures. Hopefully, I can make it back there again someday.

I was born in Uniontown hospital and at the age of 7, my family moved to Perropolis, Pa. My father, Salvatore (most everyone called him Sal or Sam, I never really understood the Sam thing)owned a Shoe Repair shop on the main street leading up from Rt51. We were right next to what used to be the Perryopolis Fire Station.

I think Mike Matras and his family live in our old home. Or at least they did for a while!

My father passed away in 1983 but Mom is still kicking at 78. Would you believe she goes ball room dancing a couple of times a week...Geez!

I graduated from Frazier in 1970, moved to the Cleveland Ohio area in 1973 and now reside in Aurora, Ohio.

Hope to hear from some old friends.. Feel free to write and let me know how you are all doing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Karin Hudgins ( - 152.163.253.36) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 09:27 pm:

I am looking for any info or relatives of Asa Chambers born there in about 1878. He had alot of brothers and sisters. He is my great grandfather and I am researching for my Mother. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have pictures I have sent to the webmasther.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Paul Daniels ( - 143.182.124.2) on Friday, May 7, 2004 - 07:10 pm:

Nice site. Good to look in on home from time to time, and now I'm not just limited to snippets of information from the Herald Standards website. Sunny, hot and dusty Phoenix AZ says hello, and wish I was there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By pam mcdonald ( - 4.63.25.71) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 03:53 am:

Hi:

Thank you for posting your info about the Hanam family geneology. William and Cora Hanam were my grandparents and I was born to their son, Clarence (married Ella Fitzgerald). My name is Pam McDonald (sister is Patricia Johnson). We both live in California now. You must be our second cousin? Sorry I have no info further back than David and Elma.
Pam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jodi Wilhelm ( - 65.73.160.91) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:38 pm:

Hello, I just love the website. I am the Daughter of Dan Wilhelm. Dan Wilhelm & Charlie are son's of Agnes and Frank Wilhelm of Layton, PA. Agnes and brother Raymond Ryan lived in Layton for years and years. I hope the house is still there. Raymond worked in the brick yard. Agnes married Frank Wilhelm and he was a train engineer. I am enjoying these photo's and websites. Printing them to give to dad as a gift of memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Helen Irene Count-Wayt ( - 68.162.136.218) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 05:21 pm:

I love this web site. Thank you so very much! My name is Helen Irene Count-Wayt and my husband and I recently moved to Perryopolis. Previously, I thought the only Perryopolis news was from the Adjunct and from Pittsburgh.com until I went to the library today and found out from the very nice librarian about this web site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Margie ( - 216.28.67.65) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:49 pm:

I grew up in Donora, but married a boy from Perryopolis area. His name is Bill Butler. I am trying to find a 1959 yearbook for him, so if anyone out there has one lying around that they don't know what to do with, would appreciate hearing from you. margie@ncweb.com PLTHS Class of 59 is having a reunion in Sept of this year and we hope to have a good turnout. Will send a class picture to the website after the reunion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By rrchalfant1 ( - 216.222.11.31) on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 07:38 pm:

My family owned a farm in the area for many years. My grandfather was James Richard Chalfant, and he was married to Nevada Miller. I would love to try to buy back the farm, if anyone knows who owns it now...thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Misha Lopez ( - 67.73.17.43) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:15 am:

I just wanted to thank whom ever thought of this idea to post all of your towns functions. My father is Raul Lopez and my stepmother is Nedra, I have been to Perryopolis and love it there, I have couple of great friends Karen Keffer is one of my dearest and also sheila and Rick from Foxes and my dear friend Debi and Curt Tidholm I live in Los Angeles and can not come out often enough but I miss Pioneer days and the people I meet when I am out there as well as my great Friends. Know there are no better people then the ones in Star Junction and Perryopolis. Thanks for allowing to be back with you all and see what going on I miss it so. Please dont stop posting pictures tell Ruth Shield she great with the picture providing. Thanks again from Los Angeles Califorina

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By lross ( - 198.26.119.85) on Monday, March 8, 2004 - 12:43 pm:

Any information on the next class reunion (class of 1984)???

email address ldross@bethesda.med.navy.mil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Robert G. Reed ( - 209.111.72.153) on Sunday, March 7, 2004 - 07:50 pm:

By: Robert G. Reed mbreed35@msn.com March 7, 2004

I was born in Perryopolis - 8-17-35. My mother was a Herspold. (Elizabeth) I grew up in Whitsett & Perryopolis. My grandparents were Alex & Mary Herspold. The school I attended in Whitsett was a one room affair with all the grades. The eary grades in the front rows and the higher grades in the back. My great grandparents were Frank & Rose Lukacs. They owned a farm that was large on the east side of town. They had cow, pigs & chickens. My brother is Richard G. Reed, he lives in Grove City, Pa. I remember those days with great fondness. My Aunt Martha Herspold and Cousin Timmy Herspold still reside in Perryopolis. The Pioneer Days celebrations provide an opportunity to see old friends and have a wonderful time. I now live in Birmingham, Alabama! Hope to hear from anyone who wants to reminisce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Melissa Cline ( - 68.82.168.51) on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 10:27 am:

This is a great site. I grew up in Star Junction and Layton, and loved seeing all of the information about the area. I graduated from Frazier with the class of 82'. It would be nice to hear from some of my classmates.
Melissa {Fisher}Cline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By adamseth ( - 66.187.166.54) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 02:44 pm:

I was looking for a picture full size of the George Washington Grist Mill . If you have one ,could you send one to ASR45794@access995.com
We are working on a project for school .
Thank You,
Candice Rebovich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By alex thomas ( - 63.232.145.37) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 03:18 pm:

hey joejoe146, are you related to eric inman?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By John Devore ( - 24.3.177.243) on Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 10:16 pm:

Nice site. Keep it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By anonymous ( - 146.145.3.226) on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 10:38 am:

Post removed: Anonymous posting is not permitted; your name and e-mail address are required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ABA@OWERRI.COM ( - 62.56.189.80) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 07:34 am:

I PASS YOUR COOL INFOR SITE GUYMAN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Giecek ( - 216.151.66.123) on Saturday, November 8, 2003 - 03:28 pm:

Nice site.

I doing geneology research and am looking for anyone who knows of the Hanam family that lived in Perriopolis before or around the turn of the century. This family always lived in the area including Vanderbuilt, Whitsett, East Liberty, ect

David Hanam (Father) Died at his daughters home (Ann Elizabeth) in Perriopolis in 1917.

Elma Hanam (Mother, Maiden name Vernon) Also died at her daughters home (Ann Elizabeth) in Perriopolis in 1914.

Their Children were:

Etta Hanam (Believed to have married a Hagar)

Ann Elizabeth Hanam )Married a Thomas C. Wright. Ann had a daughter who married a George S. Moore.

John Hanam (Married a Jennie Abrams or Abraham)

Flora Hanam

William Hanam Born in 1873 (My great grandfather, was a foreman in the coal mines and eventally married Cora Mae Ghrist and settled in Washington, PA)

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ginny kovatch Leichliter ( - 12.5.12.218) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 11:17 pm:

Hi to all viewers of this very nice website! Seen a classmate, Ron E. from Florida left a message .We still keep in touch with the "circle of friends" list! Years ago I lived in the little village of Whitsett with my parents and sister.Went through the 12 years at Perryopolis and still visit classmates and older friends living in the area. Perry residents, if you see " Hook" tell him & Joy hello from me. As Ron E. has dubbed me, The Editor of the"Clarksville Gazette"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By regina ( - 205.188.208.139) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:11 pm:

This is a very nice site. Would like to see more
friends from the class of l979 drop in and say hello at this site.

Regina Rafter Gardner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Gary Costel ( - 12.203.169.115) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 10:53 pm:

I am researching my family history, and had family that lived in the Perryopolis and Star Junction area.

In Star Junction, I had ancestors by the name of Mutnansky.

In Perryopolis, I had ancestors named Cossel, Kalman, Katrinak, and Timosko.

If anyone knew these families, and can share information, stories, pictures, etc. please contact me via email at gcostel64@comcast.net

Thank You for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dianne Forse Wright ( - 205.188.209.75) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 09:17 pm:

Thanks to Ron Enos I checked out your web site, Great Job David. I to miss Star Junction and Perryopolis. My Sister Sherrill still lives in Belle Vernon so I do get back occasionaly.
Graduated in 1959. One of these years I hope to make it for Pioneer Days. Would love to hear from anyone who remembers me.(Dianne Forse).I lived on Tony Row until 1960.
Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By jamesF ( - 12.169.106.239) on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 07:51 am:

Hello
My name is James Bruckey, and Im looking an army friend by the name of James E Shahan. Please contact me at Bruck_dog@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Peggy Baker ( - 198.81.26.169) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:05 am:

Hi everyone: Genealogy brought me here. I would like information on Lucinda Furnier who married James Fuller early 1800's. She was a half-sister to my gggrandfather Levi Johnston. James and Lucinda lived in Perryopolis- who was Lucinda's mother and father. Thanks. Peggy bijousix@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mary hirsh ( - 67.74.252.88) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

Just came across your site and I think it is excellent. I am into genealogy and I think some of my relatives may live in Perryopolis today. If there are any citizens there with the last name of Rocks and who would like to exchange info with me, I would be much obliged. Mary & Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By George Hickle ( - 152.163.253.38) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 12:19 pm:

Hi THIS IS George Hickle Iam Comming Home to visit MY Realatives (Kin Folk ) hahh haa ! Perryopolis is such a neat little town i moved away in 1978 and i come back every chance i get to visit my Family which is usally only once a year.Has Frazier High School had a Good Basketball team lately? when i went to school there they haguyd a really good team Tommy vargo,that guy last name was diggs .well gotta run see perry in a few weeks .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By barry p. davis ( - 199.183.196.185) on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 10:50 pm:

great site... i am trying to contact a 1950 or 1951 perry grad joann carter if you know how to contact her or what happened to her or a member of her family please contact me. barry p.davis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sherry ( - 199.48.10.79) on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 04:56 pm:

I'm thrilled to have found this great website! I just discovered that my great-great-great grandparents where born in or around Perryopolis. If anyone out there recognizes these names, please email me!

John B. Brown (born about 1826)
Mary Brownfield Brown(born about 1832)
Benjamin Franklin Brown (b. 1852)
Sarah Lynch Brown (b. 1856, dau of Robert Lynch & Sarah Brewer)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Webmaster ( - 68.49.142.12) on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 12:05 am:

I invited the Perry VFW to participate in Perryopolis.com, but they apparently aren't interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Larry ( - 66.213.21.20) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:54 am:

Anyone know if there will be a Korean War remembrance in August 2003 by the VFW?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bud Wilkes ( - 68.86.58.236) on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 01:48 am:

New e-mail address for Bud Wilkes, budwilkes@comcast.net Would love to hear from those related to the Wilkes and/or Bright familes,
I was born in Perryopolis, lived there untill I was 5 yrs old. I now live in Blue Springs, Missouri, Kansas City Mo area.I left perryopolis about 1941 and return each Oct for Pioneer Days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Murph ( - 152.163.253.38) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 11:45 pm:

Is there anyone still in Perry that i know ?
I lived their 19 years and in looking at the pictures i didnt see anyone that i knew.
Im Duane Murphy, i use to live on the corner of
Hancock & Constitution street's across from the school. If you remember me, write me.

Murph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joe Simpson ( - 152.163.253.38) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 11:24 pm:

Hello Perryopolis,
It has been a while since my last visit. I just needed to stop by and take a look around. It is nice to have this ability to come home at the touch of a key. I have been mobilized with my Army Reserve unit since January and was just thinking of Perryopolis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Cynthia Carnegie ( - 64.45.198.165) on Sunday, June 1, 2003 - 10:38 pm:

Hi Perry,
Thanks to my cousin Mike Kromer for suggesting that I check out this site. I never would have imagined that the internet would bring my old hometown into my Florida livingroom. I grew up on a farm between Perryopolis and Star Junction, so it was nice to see photos and info from both little towns. I went to the elementary school in Star Junction and St. John the Baptist School and am A 1972 graduate of Frazier. I would love to hear from anyone who might remember me as "Cindy Guth".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By redrangerkameron ( - 205.188.209.75) on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 10:10 pm:

Perry Elementary is the best place to go to school. I am in the 1st grade and I love my teacher who is Mrs. Kohler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joe ( - 68.64.236.91) on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

Just thought I would click around after receiving my postcard notice of the class of '73 reunion. "Almost mistook it for an appointment reminder to the dentists office"! Just kidding--hope to see you all there. Sons' pizza and Stoney's beer; a Perryopolis institution! Oh yeah!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rita Dunca ( - 68.48.6.31) on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 10:08 pm:

I came across this page by accident, but was excited to see good ol' Perryopolis. I graduated from Frazier in 1979 and I too left and haven't been back. I grew up in Whitsett and hope soon to visit...go to Perry to the Drugstore and Bakery. What's up with the class of '79, any hopes of a reunion??? Email me if you remember me, I would love to hear from you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maryannteich ( - 198.5.187.24) on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

Howdy from Houston!

First of all, it freaks me out that Perry has a website!!!! In a million years, I never would have thought it!!!!

I am looking for ANYONE that graduated from Frazier or Geibel in (and around) '81. I found an old e-mail address for Tommy Oldham (I mean Thomas! :o) and one from Michelle Statzula but that's it!!!

Where did everyone go??????????????????? I would enjoy hearing from any school (St. John's, Frazier or Geibel) friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By TeriSuQ ( - 205.188.209.40) on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 10:20 pm:

David...My name is Teri (Gray) O'Conner. I graduated from Frazier in 1968. How do I go about registering on Class Mates. I have tried the 3 e-mail addresses you listed but each one just brings me back to your home page. My e-mail address is TERISUQ@Aol.com Please notify me asap, or go ahead and register me. My home at present is Surfside Beach, S.C. Just so you know, I am Iris (Gray) Breeden's sister and she made me check out your site this week. I think your brother George graduated with my sister Nona Gayle. You might want to pass along some info to him. Gayle passed away on April 7th, due to heart failure. I hope to receive a reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your help.
Teri

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By George Hickle ( - 64.12.97.11) on Sunday, April 6, 2003 - 08:22 pm:

this is George Hickle my e mail is FreeFromTabs@aol.com anyone here remember me please drop me a e-mail P.S. PERRY IS A GREAT LITTLE TOWN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By George Hickle ( - 205.188.209.40) on Sunday, March 9, 2003 - 09:56 pm:

hey i would just like to say i miss Perryopolis very much i lived in perry 17 years i live in the south now anyone see this who remembers me please drop me a e-mail i used to go to Frazier ! p.s. PERRY IS A GREAT LITTLE TOWN!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By MIKE KROMER ( - 205.188.209.40) on Sunday, February 9, 2003 - 05:47 pm:

Marvelous web site!!! I enjoyed all the hard work creating the site. I enjoyed my memorable years there thru the 50'and 60's, left in 67 and presently live in Warren,Ohio. Would welcome discussion about the good ol days of Perry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tina Filchock Worrell ( - 67.34.212.91) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 11:11 pm:

I found this site by chance...so nice to see the photos and read about everyone. Time can change many things, except those memories held close to heart of those special times in Perryopolis and at Frazier:) ...it was a pleasure to visit. :) Tina Worrell (Filchock) (TFK818411@Yahoo.com)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Hallie Rolison ( - 152.163.189.171) on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 10:34 pm:

There is a great book, A Coal Mine In Our Veins, written by Ralph Rosendale & Tim Hroblak. This book is about Colonial Mines.......my grandfather was killed at Braznell on December 23, 1899 so my roots are in coal mining like a lot of people from Fayette & Westmoreland County. I think anybody from the area would find the book fascinating.
Nice job, David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Larry Matras ( - 66.213.21.61) on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 02:28 pm:

Great stuff on the coalminers.Also Season greetings to all in Perryoplis Pennsylvania

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Yoshika Hirata ( - 43.244.68.236) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:24 am:

Hello everyone in the town of Perryopolis!!

This is really a great page!! The fall pictures of the town brought back to me so many beautiful memories.
I am from Japan and had spent one year in Perryopolis as an exchange student in 1993-94. I attended Frazier High as a senior and enrolled in the marching band and played alto sax. My first host family was Mr. and Mrs. Hassibi, and second family was Mr. and Mrs. Staggers. Together with my host families, the friends I had made in Frazier helped me greatly to make my life in the US so joyful, comfortable, and unforgettable.
I would like to thank all the people who gave me such delightful moments in my life. Your warmth and kindness will always stay in my heart. I am hoping to visit there again someday when I get a chance.

Happy Holidays to All!!
Yoshika Hirata - Class of 94

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Hallie Rolison ( - 152.163.189.171) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 09:53 pm:

Dear gzaffutz.......i have yearbooks from 1946 through 1952. I would be very happy to send you
copies of any year you wish. Sistie52@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By gzaffuts ( - 66.67.139.34) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 09:14 pm:

Hello,

I would love to see a picture of Elise's, the local high school hang out where kids had a soft drink and danced or listened to music in the back room during the forties.

Also, any way of posting photos from old year books,like 1945, 46, etc/ At least graduating classes if they even had any.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By GEORGE HICKLE ( - 64.12.97.11) on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 01:26 am:

hi everyone this is George Hickle i lived i nthe great town of perryopolis p,a for 18 years and i went to Frazier High School.i i graduated in 1978 anyone here remember me please e-mail me back would love to hear from you! ""78"" will allawys be great""i had Jack FIFER FOR 6 GRASE TEACHER HE ALLWAYS LIKE GIVING US CRACKS WIT A PADLE.WELL I MOVED ON DOWN SOUTH TO LIVE ANDIT,S ALOT WARMER WEATHER DOWN HEREIN TH WINTER I JUST LOVE IT.I WEENT TO FRAZIER 7TH AND 8THAND9THGRADEES

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By sandy ( - 216.37.132.134) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 06:34 pm:

looking for a john fisher of layton-if he is still with us he will be a much older gentleman-was in layton 1945. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ron Enos ( - 66.177.113.42) on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 09:33 pm:

I am Ron Enos - graduated with the class of 57'. We just celebrated our 45th reunion and had a great time. We have an e-mail group set up to share news of our class and others. Just e-mail me at ronaldenos@attbi.com to be added to the list.
We have two classmates that we can't find, so maybe some of you kind folks will be able to help.
We would dearly love to find MARILYN DUFF AND KATHLEEN CARNEY. Thanks in advance.
On another note: We are still Steeler fans and have a fan-club here in Jacksonville, FL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By george hickle ( - 205.188.209.40) on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 07:47 pm:

a shout out to all of perry i miss perryopolis is a great town

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jason Caulder ( - 149.43.177.1) on Friday, August 9, 2002 - 03:35 pm:

Hello,I was hoping someone might be able to help me locate Jamie Strother,or her brother Jerry.. I'm a friend from the past...If anyone has any info that would be appreciated..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By pnewmeyer ( - 208.20.53.245) on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 10:34 am:

Hello! Pioneer Days will soon be here. We need your support to help make this year the best. I am in need of crafters, so if you do crafts, or know someone who does, please give me a call at 724-736-0166. Pioneer Days will be held Oct. 5&6. Come and bring the family for lots of fun and good eats.

Pam Newmeyer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Janalee ( - 24.116.160.252) on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 12:59 am:

I have an interest in the STRAWN family who lived in Perryopolis in the early 1800's. Job and Hannah (Bowers) Strawn are the parents of William R. Strawn b. 3 Aug 1816 in Perryopolis, PA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By IRIS ( - 205.188.192.161) on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 11:58 am:

It's great to see little Perryopolis represented on the Web. I was in the class of "62", but dropped out in 1961. I just found this web site and am so happy to see all of these remembrances . We were so lucky to grow up in the small town atmosphere. Am looking forward to visiting this site often to keep up on current happenings.
Dave, you've done a fantastic job.

Iris Gray (Breeden)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Barb ( - 152.163.207.48) on Saturday, July 6, 2002 - 07:48 pm:

Hi, Just revisitng to see what is new. I like the reunion pictures and the updates on what's new in Perry and Star Junction. Nice to read the latest message. Thanks David. Barb Farkus Cogley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sandy ( - 166.20.118.20) on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 11:34 am:

Frazier's website it http://www.frazierschooldistrict.org/

It is not what you would call a high speed site.

Sandy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Pam Courie ( - 65.243.11.2) on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 02:28 pm:

I need to know if Frazier High School has a web site I need to get in contact with them to get a transcript of my high school records for college

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By JD & Pam Courie ( - 65.221.242.221) on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 01:11 am:

We Love this site. Both my husband and I grew up and went to school in Perryopolis. We moved away 11 years ago and still get homesick for everyone and everything. We have lived in big cities and in small towns but they can't even begin to compare to home. Thank you so much for the site so we can keep in touch with our past and to share it with our children who consider Perryopolis their home. Hope to visit soon. Hello to all our high school friends and family still there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dwight immohotichey ( - 164.58.65.1) on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 10:58 pm:

hi my name is dwight immohotichey. i'm from oklahoma,i'm looking for a friend who may or may not still be living in your town. the last time that i heard from her was in 1975. she is also from okla. she is a chickasaw indian. her first name is susan and i believe her last name is either nesti or nisti. her maiden name is brown. if you or anyone else knows her please let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By JeffHazelbaker ( - 218.44.44.3) on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 12:19 am:

Hello everyone! My name is Jeff Hazelbaker. I used to live in Perry years ago. Left in 1977. I have been living in Asia since 1983. Still here in Okinawa Japan. I love the site. Brings back memories. Does anyone know Doris Hayes? I would like to get in contact with her!
If anyone remembers me, drop me an e-mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joy Loreski Teslovich ( - 208.7.0.2) on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 01:02 pm:

Hi! What a wonderful site. I have many fond memories of swimming in the river (Whitsett) and going to 'Blue Hole' Eating and driving around Randall's and the wonderful food (and homemade pies) at "Shackley's". Does anyone know whatever happened to 'Snake' & Don from Whitsett or Don Smith from Perryopolis?? Please let me hear from anyone out there who remembers me. I was from Belle Vernon, my grandparents lived in Smithton, but I did spend time in Perryopolis during 1960-1963.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Phillipo ( - 12.248.141.206) on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:08 pm:

Hello there, Perryopolis! Great site.
My great grand-dad, Sylvester Maginity was born in Perryopolis back in 1846. (so his civil war records indicate). Are there any Maginitys or Stillwells still up there? One day, I'll have to travel up there & do some site seeing.
Good luck & health to all!!
Phil Maginity

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By linzdawg23 ( - 198.189.227.4) on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 09:39 pm:

hello perryopolis,como estas? bien here
linzdawg here in califas just wanting to say hello to all the folks back there in perry it was good to be home in january but california is in my blood now and it is my home so hello to my family and old friends i say hey and take care and OF COURSE GOD BLESS WELL GOTTA GO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By yoniboy ( - 62.82.149.35) on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:03 pm:

Just to say hello to all the people i meet in perryopolis on year 1980, i lived during all this year in town at craig martin's house. my name is jose bermudo, from spain, and i worked at shop and save, thanks to jack betz, mary jane, luke, also thanks to harold and betty sager, and to family greene for all the help i got from them, i will keep this nice town always in my heart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Eldon Golden ( - 63.27.138.193) on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 11:26 pm:

Great web site, enjoyed reading some of the mail. May have found some distant relatives.Don't get back to that area to often, However it is good reading about some of the people I went to school with. Keep up the good work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Nathan Austin ( - 63.62.93.188) on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:27 pm:

I remember the day that Perry High was changed to Mary Fuller Frazier Memorial Jr. Sr. High School. That used to knock peoples' socks off when I would tell them where I graduated in 66. I also remember all the teachers crying in the hall way as I returned to the main building from health class when President Kennedy was shot. I still have my class ring but have lost all my school albums over the years of moving (Pa. to Colorado Springs to Pa. to Florida to Pa and now to New Mexico). I often wonder if some of my old pals are still roaming the streets back there; and to all of you that I was a jerk to, I humbly apologize. Great web site. I'll return soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Kristina Castellano ( - 205.188.196.53) on Tuesday, January 8, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

Hi there Perry.This is a wonderful site and congradulations goes out to its creator. I am Sally Piersol's daughter Kristina. My relatives include the Piersols, Martins, and Eichlers. Anyone wanting to get in touch with my mom can email me, and I'll pass on the info. I am looking for family information, so anyone who can help please email me.
Kristina Castellano (nee Piersol)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By regis ( - 32.101.248.86) on Thursday, January 3, 2002 - 02:22 pm:

Just found the site, good job David. I grew up in Star Junction with David, among other good friends and graduated from Frazier in 1961. I left after graduation for the USAF with Ed Sisley and have returned only for visits with my folks and one class reunion. (would have liked to have seen a (40th). I worked at Randall's Resturant for a couple years and remember all the good friends there. Both of my parents passed away in 2001, they lived in the Parish House, St. Johns. My brother still lives in Dawson. It's nice to be able to view the messages and pictures and I plan to check in often. If any of the old friends wish to contact, would like to hear from you. REGIS CAMPBELL regisjr@quixnet.net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Richard Means - Class of '61 ( - 63.68.200.6) on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 10:18 am:

Wonderful to see Perry "on the map". David, you've done a terrific job with the website. I'll be back frequently. Keep up the good work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joe Pascoe Brignac ( - 152.163.213.49) on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 12:22 am:

Hey everyone back home just found the website. Its great. Brings back memories. I attended Frazier and grad. in 1983 and now living in Baton Rouge Louisiana. Will visit back from time to time brother John still living in Grindstone. Thanks for the efforts of the website JOE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joan Lyons ( - 24.197.54.68) on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 02:22 pm:

Attention all past and present fans of our beautiful little town of Perryopolis.
The old State Bank museum now has for sale,2002
calendars snd postcards. The calendar is a real keeper. There is an old time picture of a Perryopolis, Layton or Star Junction site for each month. The postcard has the old George Washington grist mill on it. For more information contact me at stjoan@charterpa.net

Joan Lyons
--------------------

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tracy Glover ( - 65.149.199.140) on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 01:07 pm:

Hello All,
Enjoying your site.
I am doing family research. My Grandmother's family was all from the Perry Area. I am desended from the following families:
George & Mary Lynch,
Edward & Jane Jordan,
George and Elizabeth Whetzel,
William and Isobel Burton,
Michael & Elizabeth Martin(Marton),
Samuel & Nancy Brewer
I have most all of these people living in the area late 1700's - 1800"s. Any relatives out there? Any family stories to tell? Love to hear from you....Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By oliver ( - 205.188.199.27) on Sunday, October 21, 2001 - 07:30 pm:

I am sure Kevin Lake's Mother would be very proud of him........Kevin you need an attitude adjustment......

Webmaster's note: This post refers to an obscene post by a person who identified him or herself as "Kevin Lake." The obscenity has been removed. This is the second obscene message posted to this board under the name "Kevin Lake."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By joejoe146 ( - 216.89.117.237) on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 07:25 pm:

hey everyone i lived in Perryopolis since Feb.20 2001 and my mom Karen Inman been with my step-father David Inman for 5 years and they got married last month of September,2001 Inman.Well i got to go.

Sincerly,
Joe Downer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jackie Fotheringham ( - 205.188.195.57) on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

HI! I just love your site!! YOu see I'm from ohio and my aunt, uncle live there so now when ever I'm lonley I just bring up your site and there she is in full color. You see my aunt is the lady quilting on your site, her name is Olive D'Isadora. So I can have my aunt in my home, whenever I want too!!! Now if you could just get Uncle Diz on there too! I would have them both in my home whenever I get real sad from not seeing them. I also like reading about your town. Thanks again for bringing my aunt into my home everyday. Jackie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ruth Shields ( - 216.151.64.110) on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 08:01 pm:

Let's hear it for David Illig, friend to Naked Ladies everywhere!! After seeing David's photos of Naked Ladies, I e-mailed him and asked why MINE weren't blooming too (major bummer). He advised me that they like a lot of sun and so I have moved mine to a better location. Has David saved my Naked Ladies? We'll know next August, stay tuned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Philadelphia ( - 209.92.60.238) on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 01:25 pm:

Hey Angie Doria Keebler!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bud Wilkes ( - 24.36.36.158) on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 01:48 am:

It has been a great experience visting the Perryopolis site and seeing that some of my cousins from around the country names listed and their remarks.Colleen WilkesThompson, and Jack Shoaf.
My name is Bud Wilkes I lived in Perry until I was about 5 yrs old, then every summer I returned
to stay with my aunt & uncle Clarence & Ruth Keffer, and the Joseph & Dorthy Domonkos families.
I have been returning the past several years for Pioneer Days and shall continue to do so every year, I wish to have contact with any that are kin to the Wilkes Family. I live in the Kansas City Missouri area and have for the past 30 years
Take Care & God Bless Bud Wilkes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By wivianrogeberg ( - 193.90.207.228) on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 11:19 am:

Hello everyone! We are all devostaded to hear the chocking news that just happened in the U.S.No words can describe the horror we all felt watching the news.My deepest symphaty to all the ones that lost somebody dear to them.
I am former student at Frazier highschool,class of 86. I had a great year,being a exchange-student in the U.S. I am still living in Norway,Europe and appreciate this possibility to let you all know that my thoughts are with the american people.Wivian Rogeberg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dennis Wilkes ( - 205.188.193.176) on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 05:11 pm:

In Memory of my Cousin Danny (Buck) Sayre and all the great times We had in Perryopolis. All my fond memories of Perry include Him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Leeann Sharp ( - 64.210.248.135) on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 02:43 pm:

My fiancee and I were looking up his hometown last night and we decided to try mine. I grew up in Star Junction and attended Frazier. It's great to know someone took the time and the effort to let the world know about our little corner of it!!!! Great work!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By smorg26 ( - 208.20.53.182) on Sunday, August 5, 2001 - 02:16 am:

Hi all I am a life long perry girl. My mom is known as Bonnie Blair. I just wanted to say Thanx soooooooo much for this wonderful site. I worked a summer in the museum with Joanie and even being a teenager fell in love with the town all over again. I moved away for a short time but I had to come home....missed small town living too much. All the people that say this town is the best they are so right. I now have 2 small children and wouldnt want to raise them anywhere else. I feel safe sending my kids to school at perry elementary. But most of all I feel safe at night in my home, not many people in this world can say that. Thanx for a great hometown and a great hometown webpage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheri Morgan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Christine ( - 24.4.254.167) on Thursday, August 2, 2001 - 07:52 pm:

Greetings from the Sunny South, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Was great to see pictures of my ole' hometown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By AnthonyBaluch ( - 164.156.231.55) on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 01:22 pm:

I had no idea!! I'll be browsing around in here a while!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Glenna R. Nassar ( - 205.188.199.176) on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 09:52 am:

Hi Pat,
It's Glenna, how are you?
Will be in Colorado the month of August, will try and find your new address and phone number. I'm sure it's in the book. Take care, see you all soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sue Shirk ( - 216.78.40.214) on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 11:33 am:

What a great site! Brought back many precious memories. My grandparents, Mike and Susie Uhall, lived next door to June Rolison in the late 1960's. Before June moved in, the Kosisky (think I spelled it right) family lived there. And I know my mother, Peggy Uhall Kendall, remembers the Victoria Swamprats!!! She will flip when she sees "perryopolis.com". I'll gladly pass along any messages to my mom from old friends or classmates. Will try and find some interesting new-old photos for the webmaster. Bravo, David!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Michael Hudock ( - 208.59.196.40) on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 02:58 pm:

Saw some familiar names so I thought I would say hello to my old high school friends !!
Hope to have a reunion some day !
I liked the picture of the Star junction 72 Broncos!
I also remember many good times in star junction
drop me a line if you remember the kid who lived up on old rt. 51 the one with the motorbikes times are good and I wish all my old friends the best !! jmh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Michael Kranik ( - 152.163.194.208) on Monday, July 9, 2001 - 09:07 pm:

Hi Folks. My name is Michael Kranik and i was born in Perryopolis in January 1941. My father was Mitchel Kranik and my mother was Elizabeth Erdly. I was back there this year for a visit. I am glad the town has not change to much since i remember it as a i was growing up. I now live in Baton Rouge ,LA. The circle looks great but please dont replace the red bricks around it. They are as much a part of our town as the other historical places there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Allie ( - 24.16.203.151) on Saturday, July 7, 2001 - 06:06 pm:

Hi Carol Morton and Cathy Gallo!! We are (your Mom and my dad) here at the party in Oregon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Allie ( - 24.16.203.151) on Saturday, July 7, 2001 - 05:42 pm:

Happy 80th Birthday's to George and Hazel Bubnash!!!! The Birthday for George is being celebrated in Beaverton Oregon at the home of his daughter Suzanne Walker. All 4 children and 9 grand children including 1 GREAT grand child attended the party! Best regards to everyone in Perryopolis..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Pat Rolison ( - 206.162.104.32) on Tuesday, July 3, 2001 - 09:35 pm:

This is such a good site and I just love to check out my home town often. But, come on guys, lets send in some new pictures. Thanks, pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By remonah ( - 208.50.80.71) on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 02:31 pm:

I'm very happy to find this site. My grandparents, both maternal and paternal are from Fayette county. My paternal grandfather, Francis Sylvester Monahan, from northeast Pennsylvania, lived in Dravosburg while my grandmother Anna Cecelia Nassamer lived in Wick Haven. They were married on 28 November 1906 in Perryopolis at St. John The Baptist Church. My maternal grandfather, Joseph Francis Whitehouse, was born in Leisenring. Needless to say, I'm planning a trip to Perryopolis soon.
Col Regis Monahan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Carol ( - 208.29.67.66) on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 11:58 am:

My maiden name is Fisher. Daughter of the late Calvin & Judy Fisher of Layton Hill. I am currently living in Virginia, and I get homesick. This webpage is WONDERFUL. Keep up the excellent work. My email address is cawiencek@hotmail.com
Sincerely,
Carol Fisher-Wiencek
Frazier Class of 1984

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Richard Clem ( - 12.64.72.122) on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 09:36 pm:

This is a great site. Your web master does a teriffic job keeping the site up-to-date.
Perryopolis, Rt 51 could use some PenDot informational and directional signs that inform tourist of the numerous historical sites in the area. The streets just before the circle need the same signage to get people to those sites. The reverse side of those signs need signage to lead tourist back to Rt 51. Signs are also need to direct bikers to the Yough River Trail access at Layton and Whitsett. The trail should also have signs at those locations encouraging bikers to visit the many historic sites in Perryopolis. I can only imagine how tourism and tourism dollars would increase providing tourist could find the their way around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mary ( - 64.24.58.29) on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 09:58 pm:

Just found this site. Love it! Doing genealogy on Shreve family. Descendants of Samuel Shreve and will be visiting Perryopolis next week. Am really looking forward to your town. Would love to hear from anyone with info. on the shreves. I can be reached at ed_mary1188@msn.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By William M. Warren ( - 209.239.211.164) on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 02:08 am:

Dear Perryopolis,
You folks have created a splendid site. It is easy to use, creative in its design, and attractive! I am most impressed...to my knowledge, Portland, Oregon, where I live does not have anything to rival your page. Congratulations!!
William M. Warren
Portland, O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Glenna Nassar ( - 64.12.101.162) on Monday, June 4, 2001 - 09:44 am:

I suppose the smart thing to do is leave my E-mail address, I never thought of that before. It's Quarta52@aol.com Would enjoy hearing from any old friends or classmates.
Glenna Rolison Nassar, class of 1952

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By teacher252 ( - 216.29.224.175) on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 08:14 pm:

Colleen Wilkes Thompson, born and raised in Perryopolis, Pa. 'til the age of 11 or 12. I lived with grandparents Dan and Veronica Albright.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Leona ( - 24.23.57.153) on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 07:22 pm:

Happy Birthday to David E. Illig, the creator and Webmaster of Perryopolis.com!

- Daisy and Leona

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bill King ( - 208.151.106.84) on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 06:51 am:

This is a wonderful web site. I've enjoyed my travels about the world since leaving home in 1972, but it's great to return from time to time to reminisce. And like many folks who've moved away, going back in person is often difficult, which makes this site such a valuable substitute for actually being there. I recognize a lot of the people who have left messages in the guest book, and I saw several of them this past summer when my wife and I made the trip for my 30 year class reunion. I look forward to getting back again in the not too distant future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joan Lyons ( - 24.241.32.209) on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 04:16 pm:

Hallie,
I have a 1951 yearbook in the Old State Bank Museum. Be glad to copy for you
stjoan@charterpa.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Gene Buttermore ( - 205.212.147.77) on Saturday, May 19, 2001 - 11:39 pm:

Very nice Web Site.
I am researching the BUTTERMORE DECSENDANTS in Southwesten PA. It s known that several families of BUTTERMORES lived in Perryopolis, Pa. I would appreciate any information. Please contact.
Gene BUTTERMORE
03487 Co. Rd. 12/C
Bryan, OH 43506
geneglen@bright.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By tomglaser ( - 207.90.114.150) on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 11:34 am:

Stumbled upon your site while doing some Genealogy Wow, what a great site--so well designed, colorful, and comprehensive. Wish my home town (Dayton 400,000 people) had half the creativity!!!!!
Am hoping someone with the name of RATHWAY will e-mail me. I need some family info for my Genealogy. Thanks a lot for any reply.
Tom Glaser in Dayton Ohio
tomg2@erinet.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jack Shoaf ( - 24.246.72.154) on Monday, May 7, 2001 - 10:40 pm:

I have enjoyed viewing this site. It brings back many memories, since I spent my early years in town, moving to the farm when I was 10 years old. Graduated in 1954, when known as PLTJHS. My roots go back at least 4 to 5 generations in this historic Town made famous by many people who were born here, were residents, or visited here. Would we still have a Perryopolis if the Father of our Country had not recognized its potential, invested his money, and purchased a few thousand acres for a business venture in a remote wilderness, that many of us today still call HOME? To read the message board and see a name and recall a person or family I knew gives me a warm feeling, and remberance of the good times that was had by not me alone, but many others. In closing, I know not many who can say "My home town is on the Internet."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Duane Murphy ( - 209.240.220.228) on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 04:54 pm:

This site is great! I hope some people that I grew up with will see this. I left home in 1983 and haven't been back in long time. It makes me home sick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Hallie ( - 64.12.105.152) on Tuesday, April 17, 2001 - 07:56 pm:

To: Betty McIntyre Goodwin
Dear Betty , thanks for responding to my query. When next in contact with Mary, please give her my regards. She won't know me as Hallie------- they all called me Sistie. We had some fun days together. If she's on-line, by chance, my address is: Sistie52@AOL.com.
God bless--------

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By betty mcintire goodwin ( - 206.173.37.18) on Tuesday, April 17, 2001 - 02:28 am:

to Robyn Gue

Hello Robyn, My grandmother was Emma Gue McIntire.
she lived most of her life in Perryopolis. I will be glad to share with you my Gue family.
Betty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Betty McIntire Goodwin ( - 206.173.37.18) on Tuesday, April 17, 2001 - 02:14 am:

to Hallie
Yes Hallie, Mary McIntyre is my first cousin. She lives in Flordia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By GLENNA ROLISON NASSAR ( - 205.188.197.177) on Thursday, April 12, 2001 - 08:25 am:

Just checking in to find out if there is any news. This is a great site; patiently waiting to see if old friends show up.
Continue your fantastic site, good work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ava Powell ( - 205.188.199.24) on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 10:13 pm:

Great website! I enjoyed it as I am a descendant of Abraham Layton who lived in Perry Twp. He is my grt, grt, grt grandfather. Will check back soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Erika ( - 63.29.31.119) on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 09:56 pm:

WOW! I didn't know site this exsisted until Pam Courier e-mailed me about it. I'm so impressed. Perryopolis is moving up to the "big" time. Good job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By llemmy ( - 206.187.151.123) on Wednesday, April 4, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

Congrats on a great first year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Wizzow ( - 206.187.151.123) on Saturday, March 31, 2001 - 02:05 pm:

Hey, the section about the Perryopolis Vol. Fire Dept. is fantastic.
Greetings from Ohio to everyone in Perryopolis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Hallie ( - 64.12.106.52) on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 04:19 pm:

To Betty McIntyre: I used to play with alittle girl named Mary McIntyre. She was a niece of lester & Rena lowther & she visited them in the summertime. I was their next door neighbor. She was a little red haired girl & her granndparents lived in Perry. Are you related?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Robyne Gue ( - 64.172.0.146) on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 02:40 pm:

I just found your site and was happy to see a picture of the "Gue house" as my last name is Gue. My fathers father was from PA and he was born in the 1800's. I hope to one day visit your beautiful town.. however in the meantime if anyone has anything they could share regarding the details of the "Gue" house or name I would sure love to hear it. Thank you...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Betty Mc Intire Goodwin ( - 206.173.37.16) on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:20 pm:

I have just found this town of my youth on the Internet. I spent my summers in your delightful area in the 30's at a place which is no more, the J. K. McIntire farm. I am enjoying my trip backwards in time; even though you all moved forward, I will always see it as it was in the 30's and 40's.
Betty McIntire Goodwin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By uptonb ( - 63.10.84.30) on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 09:49 am:

Need to add local veterinary hospitals! They are getting into the internet!

Barb & Nicole

Webmaster reply: Does this mean that you want to buy an ad?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dmurphy ( - 216.151.90.34) on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 03:51 pm:

There's no place like home. Nice to know I can now access it without clicking my red shoes . I received word that I could find info re: Class of 1971 here but I'm not finding it.

Webmaster reply: Please see the classmates page and the reunions page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Hallie ( - 205.188.193.173) on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 08:50 pm:

I am looking for a 1951 Yearbook. for some reason, I don't have one. I am willing to buy yours( your price!) or if you are willing to copy your book for me & mail it to me, i will be happy to reimburse you for copying & mailing costs. I love this website------ I tune in 2 or 3 times a week. That's my house in the foreground of the picture of Perryopolis! How I miss it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By smitty ( - 216.105.197.49) on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 12:58 pm:

Dave,
I have visited the site several times and it just keeps getting better. It is good to see everyone participating. I enjoy reading the messages as they contain much information about dear people that I do not get to see. Thanks to Ron Enos for his update on our former teachers. Keep up the good work (Dave and all of the contributors too!).
Thanks,
Smitty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By evadayle ( - 63.180.95.58) on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 12:34 pm:

This is a wonderful site. I wish all the communities in the Valley had one such as this. I'm sure I will visit often as I am a Valley girl transplanted to Florida and I get homesick too often.
Best wishes to everyone there--and to my cousin, Kim Hamilton Fleming, who lives in Perryopolis!
Eva Dayle Zippay, Tallahassee, FL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By M Kranik ( - 64.12.104.54) on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 08:36 pm:

Hello
I am glad you caught the problem that occured in the guest book. I visit your site from time to time as i was born and raised in Perryopolis. Keep up the good work.
Michael Kranik
Baton Rouge,louisianna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By cmlipp ( - 151.200.125.101) on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 09:55 pm:

My sister told me about this site and I couldn't wait to take a look. I come home as often as I can but it's nice to be able to see family places and people without driving several hours. Look forward to seeing any new additions to your web site. Keep up the good work.

Catherine (Class of 66)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Glenna Rolison Nassar ( - 205.188.200.59) on Wednesday, March 14, 2001 - 09:04 am:

Good morning,
How wonderful to be able to converse with friends and old neighbors! My Sister, Hallie Rolison Robertson. told me about this site. My older sister, June Rolison, lives in Perryopolis now. She was the school nurse at Frazier for many years. My father was on the council that was in charge of the money left by Mary Fuller Frazier.
I loved growing up in Perryopolis and yes, we had great teachers. I'm not sure there is that kind of dedication to the profession today. I graduated in 1952, if there are any friends out there, Hi. quarta52@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Daph ( - 63.142.70.237) on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 06:45 pm:

Still waiting for some info to show up on the perry....com site about Whitsett. Can't wait to show my "city" friends what a really small town looks like. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rosendale ( - 208.50.80.35) on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

My brother and myself, wrote a book-A COAL VEIN IN OUR VEINS-. All about the Colonial mines, which included the Star Junction, Crabapple. Red Lion,Grindstone, Rowes Run and Smock portals. Life underground and above ground, mine disasters, job discriptions, and human interest stories,ie., the roster of the 1936 Junction H.C. Frick ball team. Book price $22.00 Pa. residents add $1.32 tax s&h $4.00. Mail chk. to Tim Hroblak 205 Gray Ave. Mastontown, Pa. 15461

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Linda Gibson ( - 209.217.137.167) on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 06:25 pm:

Very nice site! Although I didn't grow up in Perry Township, I love it here now and wouldn't live anywhere else. But I was close by; I lived in German Township, not too very far away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dick Baker ( - 24.241.32.200) on Saturday, March 3, 2001 - 05:06 am:

Terrific site! Agree with "ole buddy" Ron Enos we had great teachers at Perryopolis. Still live in area and visit Perryopolis often. Good town, good people, good memories...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BOLECK ( - 12.76.117.94) on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 12:46 pm:

One of the surviving Victoria Swamprats, from Cleveland Ohio. A good site, keep it up. BOLECK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joy Kmetz Sabolek ( - 151.201.81.18) on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 01:09 pm:

It was great to see so many people past and present interested in our home town again. I hope other friends and family visit this site. It is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ronald Enos ( - 205.188.195.26) on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 08:38 pm:

Thanks for the memories. I looked thru' the old guest book and saw lots of names I recognized. You folks are doing a wonderful job and thanks for keeping up the good work. Graduated with the famous class of 1957. Didn't have a bad teacher, all were great people. A couple of stories---Mickey Mucci was just a young fellow teaching our 10th. grade History class and as good looking as he was, the girls all swooned. Mickey coached with Don Mains and could run backwards faster than anyone could run forward. Ed Yeash was at our last class re-union and really looked good. I was very sad to hear of my good buddy Jim Newmeyer passing. He was a great guy and never missed our class reunion. Mickey also has been a good friend to the class of 1957, we appreciate him always attending the reunion. Don Mains was there last year too. It's hard to believe how wonderful these teachers look, hardly ageing at all. Those were the days and we'll be reliving them next fall (2002) at the 45th. class reunion.

Hi to all, we'll be in the area in August.

So long,

Ron Enos (ronaldenos@aol.com)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Richard Marcic ( - 64.254.38.76) on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 07:52 pm:

My brother Melvin made me aware of this website, so I thought that I would visit it to see if there was anyone out there that I went to high school with. Your website is "top shelf".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dante Sassi ( - 24.180.222.210) on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 07:03 pm:

Sorry to hear of the problem that you had with the old guest book. It takes all kind. I visit the Perryopolis Site two or three times a week and enjoy it very much. I have also been in touch with some old friends through the site. Keep up the good work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maxine ( - 151.201.119.209) on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 12:01 am:

Very nice site! I check in often to see if anything new is posted. Maxine Howser